Are you looking up for ways to optimize your website visibility before Google?
SEO aka, Search Engine Optimization is undoubtedly the ideal way to boost your website ranking. It requires professional trainers of SEO to manage your ranking and visibility in SERP. If you are new to the digital world, the budget may appear to be an issue for your website optimization.
The surplus capital may let you afford professional SEO managers or hire an SEO agency to work for you. But what if the case if otherwise and you lack capital? Training your team to learn SEO can be equally tough and unaffordable as hiring the service. At times like this, you make resolutions to do SEO for your website by yourself. It takes lots of hard work to come ahead and manage your SEO all by yourself if you lack the budget.
You will have to learn them yourself to kick start your work. Scrolling blogs on how to manage SEO wouldn’t help much if you do not how to apply several SEO techniques properly. Your scrolling webpage of this article is more than a hint that you know the basics of SEO. You know about traditional SEO but do you know about local SEO too? In this article of this blog, we shall talk about local SEO and checklist to master the same.
What is Local SEO?
The name Local SEO, itself suggests that it constitutes techniques of Search Engine Optimization that can be used to increase local visibility (target local geography of the business area). Similar to regular aka traditional SEO, local SEO is yet quite distinct from the former. Local SEO is different from Traditional SEO in terms of how you target your audience.
The higher your website appears on the search engine result page, the higher the number of visitors on your website will be. Through local SEO you just don’t optimize the online presence of your business globally. You also work to enhance your visibility for local searches. When local SEO is applied to your online venture, you are likely to appear high in queries of local searches of products and services you provide.
When you are working on local Search Engine Optimization you keep the geography in mind. You decide and use keywords according to the geographical audience. Not appearing in the searches that focus your location is a missed opportunity to grow your business. Every single opportunity you miss is a milestone achieved by your competitors. However, with local SEO by your side, you can always fix this problem easily.
Local SEO: An Ideal Way to Optimize Your Website
By now, you are more than aware Local SEO is an effective way to the optimization of your online business. Here, using simple techniques of traditional SEO, you aim to attract local users near you. You attempt you appear high in the local searches concerning the business, services, and products you sell. With the digital world rising high on the hype, the majority of the users search for businesses online.
A wide fraction of these users also try visiting the stores from their search results in a day or two. Imagine missing a chance to appear high in local SERP and losing so much of organic traffic and visits that could possibly be yours, only if you work hard on local SEO. Your business name not appearing for local searches is more than a loss, you would have ever imagined.
You may not know, but local searches stand amidst the most profitable ways to present business before potential customers. We have come up before you with a perfect checklist to master local SEO. Scroll below and learn how you can appeal to local users to buy your products and services using easy techniques.
Checklist to Master Local SEO
- NAP (E) Citation: NAP or NAP (E) stands for name, address, phone number, and email. These are all the essential contact information of the business. Not just contact, these details are important for local SEO ranking too. Google actually uses these as a confirmation that business data is accurate. Try to use contact numbers as hyperlinks. Copying the contact numbers to make calls is too boring and not appreciated by users.
P.S.: Build NAP (E) citation only for the businesses that have a real physical location.
- Registration on Online Directories: Appearing in local searches is an ideal market place to promote your business in a specified location. It requires listing on search engines and using their built-in features to make your business stand out and drive more local traffic. Make sure to upload consistent information on all search engines. You can go for Google, Yahoo! Local and Bing to name a few.
- List your Business on Map Services: Well, you can just not ignore this for over 80% of the mobile users use Map services to search stores and businesses. Map services like Google Maps and Apple maps are used today to search nearby business stores and services in real-time. So, don’t forget to link your business to these map services. Also, make sure to upload all the essential details about you because information on Google and the accuracy of Google map work parallel these days.
- Optimization of on-page SEO elements: Keywords are definitely the driving source of increased visibility on search engines. However, you do not need to overload your page with them. It makes your content unattractive. Instead, try to use Keywords in all the major aspects of your webpage. Whether it’s your URL, page title, header, content, or internal links, multimedia, and graphics try to insert the KW at least once everywhere, where it makes sense.
- Generating Backlink: Backlinks are an ideal way to build an online presence with a reputation. You need to get discovered by the right audience to capture their attention. It is vital for organic traffic, ranking, and more. You can create content that stands out in the eyes of your users. This would get you the shares, reviews, and attention you seek.
- Mobile Optimization: All of us are so friendly with this small gadget in our hands that we wish to do the majority of our tasks through it. We hate switching to our PCs and Laptops to use web browsers and search engines. We just click them on our mobile phones. You must thus, customize you’re your design to make it useable on mobile phones too. Attract users through inculcating mobile features to your benefits.
- Social Media Shares and Reviews: Encourage users to leave behind their reviews for your services. All the users that seek local searches to use your services also go through the reviews. They want to have an idea about how good your service is. Positive reviews and social media shares build you a great deal of organic traffic. They let people know how good your service is and encourages them to come to you leaving all your competitors behind.
Frequently Asked Questions about Local SEO
How does local SEO work?
Local SEO involves techniques that work in promoting businesses, their products, and services to local customers and prospects. Here, you use keywords, locations, contents, and techniques that appeal to local users of the region. In short local SEO attempts to optimize your website and increase its visibility concerning local geography. Ranking factors for local searches done on Google are different than that of regular Global searches.
• Live location of user searching business
• NAP(E) Name, Address, Phone and E-mail citation
• Keywords like my business profile, online reviews, and title tags
• Ratings of Google map
• Sentiments of reviews
• Social media shares
Why local SEO is important?
Local SEO also known as Local Search Engine Optimization or Marketing is a way to optimize your business online. Its effectiveness revolves around promoting business, products, and services to potential local customers near the business location in real-time.
What is the difference between SEO and local SEO?
Although using similar strategies and techniques, through traditional SEO, you attempt to increase your visibility at a global or larger scale. However, while using local SEO you aim to capture local searches of the specified geography.