As an eCommerce store, the desire to get higher conversion rates at your website is totally comprehensible. Driving considerable rates of traffic to your store isn’t what you need. It’s mid-way to your win in the battle. You need to convert these visitors into customers, customers that shop. You need to work upon more than just put products up on the store.
You need to be-friend techniques to optimize your product page. You need to take a moment to think about what you need, not as an owner, but as a client or customer. This article from this blog helps you to understand what you need to focus on to optimize your E-commerce website and its product pages. We will be talking about tips on how to optimize your eCommerce website product page. Scroll until the end and discover some really interesting ways to optimize your product page quickly.
Why Do We Need To Optimize Our Ecommerce Website Product Page?
Opening up an E-commerce portal is not enough. You need attention and engagement. You also need a high conversion rate.
Getting people to visit your website is great. But you need more. You need to generate sales, grab customers, and earn some revenue too. But the point is how you can do that?
You guessed it absolutely right.
Through an optimized product page. As an eCommerce store, you need to make your products convincing enough for customers to add them in the carts and even go-ahead to purchase them. However, for some unfortunate reason, things aren’t as easy as they appear while reading. To make them go smoothly as your plan, you need to do some serious work. That’s what we are here to help you with.
What Makes Up A Great Product Page?
Let’s skip that typical theory layout of a product page that’s only about products upon them. The practical world needs you to give the ideal amount of information to your clients. This aids your sales generation by convincing customers to make purchases. You need to keep up with the given things to make a great product page.
- Present your product well because of the center power to your Ecommerce website. You need to properly present what you are selling, why should one buy them or take an interest in your product, and how beneficial purchasing your product can be. In brief, you need to give detailed information about the products.
- People only like branded commodities. The rulebook is simple, for a store that nobody knows about, nobody trusts. Brand your product pages everywhere. Right from social media platforms to post-sale emails, put it up everywhere you can.
- The way you convey information matters a lot. It counts how interestingly you use your brand’s voice to attract customers. It is one of the driving sources of customer engagement.
- User-experience is the boss here. Even a single unsatisfied customer is a big loss to your store. The page design, how you have arranged things on the webpage, what’s prioritized over what affects the user-experience of your client.
Top 12 Tips to Optimize Ecommerce Website Product Page
Increasing the visibility of your website across Google is one thing and optimizing your product page to generate sales is something other. You will find hundreds of optimizing techniques to boost your product page floating on the search engines. All of them will sound beneficial too. But using all of those hundreds at once is a door to chaos. You need to select the best tips that suit your issues the best.
Try to analyze your product page seriously. Take out some time and spend it in observing, analyzing various elements of your page. Make note of the ones that need changes or you have to work on. Now segregate the techniques that can help you out. We have come up with the top 12 evergreen techniques to optimize your E-commerce website product page.
- Impressive, Right Product Pictures: As a customer yourself, you will ever choose a store that fails to photograph its products properly. Product images can either hold the customers to make purchases or turn them away. You can use 360o images to give a better view of your products. The ability to zoom-in-out the product images can give you more space to convert attention into the sale.
- Currency Converter: Standing in the digital world lets to conquer geographical limitations. As an eCommerce owner, you will have to deal with different currencies. Furnishing your website with a currency converter can let you go a long way in business.
- Detailed Description: You must provide your product page with detailed information. True and factual information about the products, their benefits, features paves way for greater chances of conversion of sales. A site that gives no proper information about its products attracts no customers.
- Product Page Download Speed: Even a speed a few seconds slower than the usual can lose you, customers. It is like handling a two-sided sword where you have to add so many features, make your product page attractive and yet keep it light. Because a sober page with faster speed stands out the attractive one with slow speed. So, make sure that your page load in really quickly.
- Feature Clear CTA: That’s what you open your store for, a Call-to-Action. A website that clarifies its CTA is appreciated worldwide. You need to make yourself clear about what you want from your clients/customers.
- Cross-Sell of Relevant Products: Never miss a chance to promote other products on your product page. Recommend your customers the products relevant to their previous searches/purchases while they are on the product page. It grabs attention and increases engagement and chances of conversion.
- Engaging Title: Coming up with a catchy and engaging title is a must. It is that one-liner that can grab and hook the attention of potential customers. You should not only get a catchy title but also present it in a highlighted manner using larger and bolder fonts.
- Sense of Urgency: Create a sense of urgency in the minds of your customers, so that they rush to make purchases. You must use the fear-of missing out well enough to convert engagement into purchases.
- Mobile-Friendly Ecommerce Product Page: Today, over 80% of online shoppers use their mobile phones to shop through E-commerce. The current stats leave you with no other choice than optimizing your website to use on mobile phones equally well. A mobile-unfriendly store may lose its customers, sales, revenue, traffic, and everything.
- Customer Reviews/Ratings: Today, digital reviews and ratings by the previous customers work similarly to the real-time personal recommendations. A big fraction of customers look up to these reviews and ratings to develop a better opinion about the products your sell. You can text review links post-purchase through SMS service, or mail it right away once the product is delivered.
- Transparency of Charges: Websites that are not transparent regarding their charges often face criticism from their clients. They do not present the shipping charges beforehand and often burst up with them while billing. This practice isn’t very much appreciated by the customers. Make yourself clear about the price, taxes, and shipping charges beforehand only.
- Welcome Queries: Use chat-bots, FAQs, or Q&A section to answer queries from your customers. Try to engage yourself with your clients.
Frequently Asked Questions about Optimizing Ecommerce Website Product Page
How can I optimize my Ecommerce product page?
Optimizing techniques like
• Mobile-friendly pages
• Detailed description
• Impressive product images
• True customer reviews/ratings
• Engaging titles, etc can help you to optimize your Ecommerce product page.
What makes the Ecommerce product page great?
The very simple rule to make an E-commerce page interesting says, your page must be interesting, fun, and helpful. It should be user-friendly for sure. You must present your products in an appealing manner too. Allow users to customize their wish-list, and present products relevant to their previous searches too.